Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hello There!

I started this blog some time ago with the intent of writing about my adventures in the realm of knitting and knitwear design.  However, I was so busy knitting that I never got around to writing my first blog post.  For some reason, the first post seems to be a difficult one to write as it sets the tone for the blog.   So on this important matter I am going to pay hommage to the Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the yarn harlot for those of you who don't know) and start off my blog the same way she did hers....with a top 10 list. 

Top 10 Reasons Why I Should Have a Knitting Blog

10.  I have a lot of yarn.  I am not exaggerating.  I really do have a lot.  Writing this blog will help me justify the high percentage of my small apartment that is devoted to yarn storage.
9.  I am Canadian and as a result have what appears to be an unavoidable attraction to all things warm and wooly.  Even though I currently live in California I can not resist buying warm sweaters and cashmere content yarn.  Happily I live in Northern California so all is not lost.
8. I have spent the past 6 years learning how to knit.  I have learned a lot.  It seems list a waste to keep all of this knitting knowledge to myself.
7. I could use some knitting friends who have an interest in the craft.  I am not sure that my husband wants to hear any more about knitting.
6. Writing about knitting might motivate me to actually finish projects and photograph them in a timely manner.
5. There can never be too many knitting blogs.
4. I can't resist taking on a new project even though I am already busy with my two kids and my job search.
3. I would like to share my process for creating new designs.  Everyone designs differently and I think this blog will help me to teach others how I do things as well as learn from the people who read this blog.
2. I just know that everyone wants to see pictures of my adorable kids, dogs, husband, and styrofoam head wearing knitted items.  Who wouldn't want to check that out?
1. ....because I want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment