I started this blog some time ago with the intent of writing about my adventures in the realm of knitting and knitwear design. However, I was so busy knitting that I never got around to writing my first blog post. For some reason, the first post seems to be a difficult one to write as it sets the tone for the blog. So on this important matter I am going to pay hommage to the Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the yarn harlot for those of you who don't know) and start off my blog the same way she did hers....with a top 10 list.
Top 10 Reasons Why I Should Have a Knitting Blog
10. I have a lot of yarn. I am not exaggerating. I really do have a lot. Writing this blog will help me justify the high percentage of my small apartment that is devoted to yarn storage.
9. I am Canadian and as a result have what appears to be an unavoidable attraction to all things warm and wooly. Even though I currently live in California I can not resist buying warm sweaters and cashmere content yarn. Happily I live in Northern California so all is not lost.
8. I have spent the past 6 years learning how to knit. I have learned a lot. It seems list a waste to keep all of this knitting knowledge to myself.
7. I could use some knitting friends who have an interest in the craft. I am not sure that my husband wants to hear any more about knitting.
6. Writing about knitting might motivate me to actually finish projects and photograph them in a timely manner.
5. There can never be too many knitting blogs.
4. I can't resist taking on a new project even though I am already busy with my two kids and my job search.
3. I would like to share my process for creating new designs. Everyone designs differently and I think this blog will help me to teach others how I do things as well as learn from the people who read this blog.
2. I just know that everyone wants to see pictures of my adorable kids, dogs, husband, and styrofoam head wearing knitted items. Who wouldn't want to check that out?
1. ....because I want to!